A simplistic method of Search Engine Optimization usually means troubles, or rather, a waste of money. Is my list of top ten of methods to detect that the people sitting before you might not be a serious partner to make your web business grow.
1. Is your “Top 50” “Top 100” or “Guarantee positioning” package. There is absolutely no means of predicting which position any site can reach on any internet search engine for any keyword. The actual ranking of the website is a purpose of a number of ever-changing interactions which can be not at the disposal of the major search engines agency. Apart from the engines themselves periodically changing their ranking logics, within this very second there are hundreds of websites and search engine agencies working hard to improve their positioning for that keyword “London hotel”. How can you honestly make sure you will rank in the top of them?
And moreover… who cares? The position of any given keyword is NOT the objective of a SEO activity. Nor this is a parameter to measure your online success. The quantity of top rankings for over-inflated keywords will not be likely to affect your EBITBA. Conversions and CPA are.
A severe online search engine agency will rather get committed on the quantity superiority traffic (conversions!), as well as provide you with tangible sales leads (and should be able to provide you with more clever advices then just make an effort to obtain your traffic from the usual 50 obvious keywords).
2. We don’t do doorway pages. They are “landing pages”. BMW employed to think it didn’t make much difference. Then, its website completely disappeared from Google. Search engine listings can discriminate between proper landing pages and spamming, and can ban you in a second, making your investments rise in smoke. Be sure landing pages are what they should be, an informative landing environment which can be fully integrated within your navigation and content structure.
3. SEO is just about throwing in in certain meta tags. Meaning:”Perform use a feeling that there are other key factors…off-the page elements such as blogs, social bookmarking, press releases, viral content, advanced link popularity and link bait are just as vital as meta tags for search engine listings, but actually, we haven’t got an idea of how to achieve that stuff.”
4. It’s OK to invest 95% of your own online budget on pay-per-click. Meaning:”Getting you your fair share of traffic from SEO might have a bit more effort on our side and we tend not to really care regarding your distribution costs”.
5. PPC is much more controllable than SEO. Meaning:”Achieving and tracking SEO results seems kind of hard, let’s carry out some ppc advertising instead”.
6. We guarantee you receive ranked in 15 days. Option 1:”No, not in Google really, just in 20.000 obscure search engines like google.”
Option 2: “We will get you a top position in Google for ‘design luxury yet budget accommodation providers in the tundra’ (with exact phrase match)”.
7. We only specialize in search engines. Meaning: “What will happen each time a user arrives to your internet site is not our business so we don’t understand much about usability or what it requires to generate a booking on the travel website”.
8. Yeah, we have been an internet agency and definitely will do the search engine for you. Sounds like: “I’ve been plumber for the last 3 decades, but I will fix along with your electrical system for many extra revenue”.
9. You don’t should do any work on your website. Meaning:”Deleting that annoying flash intro page would destroy an individual experience. And adding some interesting content is not required. Not too many individuals really use search engines rivfiz book their travel anyway”.